Friday, December 20, 2013

The once in a blue moon good night's sleep

You know how when you see gas for under $3/gallon, you get excited now, when in reality that's still a ridiculous price to pay?  Well I had that same feeling when I woke up in the dark again - but I got really excited when I saw that it was 5:30 and not 2 a.m.  After going to sleep at 11 pm, that gave me 6 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep - that's HUGE for me.  I was so excited that I actually got up and went to the gym at 6:00.  

It turns out that 6 a.m. is the perfect time at the Y because the 5 a.m. crowd is leaving but the retired and stay at home mom crowds aren't there yet.  There were maybe 3 other people left by 6:15 and all of the equipment was wide open.  No doubt that will change after next week, when all of the new year's resolutions bring more people in, at least temporarily.  Until then, I'll hope for more nights of 6+ uninterrupted hours of sleep so I can be at the gym by 6:00

No comments:

Post a Comment